Friday, April 15, 2005

Eaten Post - 10 Days Away

(There was a previous post, but unfortunately it got eaten last night by blogger due to some server problems.)

10 days since my last official online prayer for everyone; I never thought of myself as a procrastinator till now.

Today's prayer will not be logged; I'm praying against spiritual attacks, but just to let you know what started me praying was something which flashed in my mind when I was wondering why I just couldn't get the prayer engine started:

A couple of months ago, there was a woman who was jogging in a reservior park. She got assulted and was left naked on the side of the jogging trail, and if I remember correctly, she died shortly after? I'm not sure about this. It's just one of those incidences of violent assault that we read about sometimes in the newspapers, the ones where we read about and get really angry at.

I get the sense that spiritual attack is about the same - we're happily jogging along the road of Salvation and Faith, and then we're waylaid and brutally attacked by satan and/or his minions. Yet I'm not as appalled at this as I am this violent jogger assult, when it is the same thing, worse even. Perhaps it's the entymology of it - "Spiritual Attack" sounds like something that happens in biblical times, with angels wielding swords and evil red, horned demons with triangular tails and pitchforks - it all seems so removed from reality, so bizarre, so out-0f-this-world: no, it can't happen to us.

But it does. So I'm praying for you, dear ones, that we will be sheltered and protected in God's safe harbour as we go about doing His work.

Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?