Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Some thoughts on prayer

Today, I find myself at a loss of what to pray for - I could simply pick another person to pray for, just for the sake of it, but I think I will alter my m.o. a little and post a few thoughts on prayer from Dick Eastman's No Easy Road.


"The lazy man does not, will not, cannot pray, for prayer demands energy."

...

Beyond the spiraling PEAK OF UNBELIEF, the first mountain to be conquered, lies THE MOUNTAIN OF SIN, hindering many prayer we pray. Next we must pick our way through an AVALANCE OF EXCUSES, removing them from the road, to THE PEAK OF THE HABIT. We chose to cross slowly THE PLATEAU OF INTERCESSION, for difficult lessons must be learned there. Next, we pause for a time in HOLINESS COVE. The road up the towering MOUNTAIN OF SELF WILL is especially arduous and our progress is slow. Then, THE BRIDGE OF BALANCE becons. THE MOUNTAIN OF PERSISTENCE presents a real challenge. Beyond lies the rugged trail to BURDEN'S OUTLOOK. Then our goal appears: TRAIL'S END. At the summit we stand awed at the power of Christ's promise "... ask anything in my name, I will do it."

...

D. Gordon comments,

"The greatest thing anyone can do for God and man is pray. It is not the only thing, but it is the chief thing. The great people of the earth today are the people who pray. I do not mean those who talk about prayer; nor those who say they believe in prayer; nor yet those who can explain about prayer; but I mean these people who take time to pray."



1. Eastman, D., 1996. No Easy Road. Michigan, USA: Baker Book House.



Father, today I ask that You help me (us all) climb the MOUNTAIN OF PERSISTENCE as I/we continue to interceed for this camp. It's going to be a long journey, but in You, all things are possible and will be done, because it is definitely in Your name that we do the things we do.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?