Thursday, March 31, 2005

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood...

Father,

Through the many things that have happend this week, and the conversations with a number of camp comm members, I feel that the spiritual siege against us has begun - subtly, but it has definitely begun. Cracks between people are beginning to show, and people are finding it difficult (with different reasons) to sustain their committment to the camp. Father, I pray that you seal these gaps with Your wisdom. I pray that Your love remains topmost in our minds as we go about our business for this camp. I pray that as we plan and do, that Your Holy Spirit reminds us about the things which are important, rather than have our minds focus on the urgent matters.

May our lips always be filled with edifying words to build people up, not to tear them down. May we communicate with a true meeting of minds, understanding each other without any miscommunication, dis-information, or breakdowns in communications. I pray that Your veil of protection cover us all, Father, and that we continue to pray for each other during this time of stress and work.

May You open our spiritual eyes that we may be able to discern for ourselves messages and events that are of You, and those that are from the evil one. I entrust the entire camp comm into Your care and protection Lord - You are the Good Shepherd, and we are Your sheep. I pray You protect us and keep us from harm.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.


>> An explanation of why this is a "cumulative prayer":
I've been a little bugged by what some comm members have shared (it's not just one person, okay) about what they're going through during the preparations for the camp, and it's been on my mind these three days. I've been praying on and off about it here and there, but today was the day that I finally sat down and made it a point to set the prayer down on paper. Hence, cumulative prayer.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?