Saturday, February 26, 2005

First Log: Motivation and Gratifications

Hello. I've started this blog because I would like to keep myself accountable for taking up the post of being a prayer warrior for the youth camp 2005. As far as I am able to, I will try try try my very very best to post a prayer a day until the end of the camp. I have never really been a prayer warrior of this magnitude before, and right now, I'm worried about a couple of things:

1) I won't be able to pray everyday for the camp (consistency);
2) I won't be able to pray fervently and earnestly for the camp (quality);
3) I won't be able to get others to pray for the camp (contagiousness).

I will be the first to admit that I suck at praying, but I hold the role of the prayer warrior in high regard - it's the double S role: simplest but scariest. You're doing battle on a spiritual front (hey, there's another 'S' for you!) and that pretty much screws up (another 'S'!) the rest of your life if the devil wants to take pot-shots at the opposition.

So here's my plan. (So far.)

All days leading up to the camp will be numbered and allocated to Camp Committee members. Every day will be prayed for. Church members will be encouraged to sign up for the daily prayer thing too, but I'm going to make it mandatory for the camp committee to pray.

It's an evolving plan, and I'll post more once I've gotten more bright ideas.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?